Sunday, June 29, 2014

More Sea Otter and 12 hours of Avamore


This is Boise this morning, and this is happening: http://dirtbagpromotions.com/rides/12-hours-of-eagle/

I thought the image was a nice way to represent what you might see at the race, said race being a sunset to sunrise 12 hour jaunt just outside of Boise on July 18. Am I invested in this at all?
No. Am I gonna do it? Well, my racing days of being selfish with my time are long behind me and I hate riding with people on a whole, but maybe?? I am all about Idaho and being in the outdoors and having super-fun events here. Besides, it looks like fun and I need an excuse to buy a new Light & Motion kit  http://www.idahomountaintouring.com/product/light-motion-seca-2000-enduro-lighting-system-9793.htm Let's do it.

And now more Sea Otter Tech

I need a new 'cross bike this year, not because I'm actually going to race cross, just because I'm an elitist snob and I want another very versatile bike in my quiver. We don't deal in deception here, so why not just say it plain?

This is going to sound very much like I'm just schilling for the company, but I'm not. Available to me at IMT in terms of 'cross bikes are the Trek Boone 9 Disc, the Giant TCX Advanced 0, or the Ibis. Honestly, I can't lose given those choices, but I'm goin Ibis (pictured) because a) I think they make a very quality product. b) I love Enve forks...even better than Alpha Q. c) I used to work there and I believe in the guys and their vision and riding an Ibis might feel a bit like home. d) I already said that I'm super elitist when it comes to my bikes. I will never show up at the trail with the exact same bike as the next guy. e) have you noticed I'm all about disc brakes? Disc brakes on everything, all the time. I want Shimano disc brakes on my shoes. I want them on my water bottle cage. I know there are hurdles. Road pros don't want 'em. Tri guys don't want 'em. Don't care, you guys are living in the past and you need to embrace the future. Here is the future: http://www.ibiscycles.com/bikes/hakkalugi_disc/#buildkit

I have to go now, but not without a parting shot. This was the Ellsworth booth.

Can you hear the vultures? They were circling. 

Don't buy an Ellsworth, kids. I tell you these things as a friend.

BC

No comments:

Post a Comment